sâmbătă, 17 august 2013

Interview with Christina Michaels author of Epiphany


1.Please, tell us your name, the city you are born and the books you write.

My name is Christina Jean Michaels. I was born in Paradise, California but I've lived in Oregon for almost 20 years now. I'm the author of Epiphany, a new adult/romantic suspense novel.

2. How did you become a writer?

Well, I became an obsessive reader when I was 13, and about a year later I wanted to try writing about my own characters. Over the years, I've dabbled in short-stories and even fan fiction, but I found a real passion for writing when I participated in National Novel Writing Month in 2008. That was the year I began Epiphany. I proved to myself that I could actually do it by finishing 50,000 words in a month. I took a couple of years off to have my daughter, and in 2011 I found an online critique site where Epiphany got a complete overhaul.
 3. Who inspired you to write?

I don't think it's any one person or thing that inspires me. I've always been a daydreamer, so creating characters and worlds is just something I can't help but do.
4. How old were you when you wrote the first book?

I wrote my first sentence of fiction when I was 14.

5. Your favorite books?

For years, I've been a huge fan of Sandra Brown. I've also enjoyed a few books by Nora Roberts. Since discovering the Indies (yay for us!), I've really grown fond of new adult. I loved On the Island by Tracey Garvis Graves, Easy by Tammara Webber, and UnBreak Me By Lexi Ryan.

6. What inspired you to write Epiphany?


It's a long story that only makes sense to me, lol. So to make a long story short, I was looking at cows one day when I had an idea (this idea has very little to do with Epiphany, by the way). So in a nutshell, cows inspired Epiphany.


7. Do you have a playlist for your book?

I do! I can't not listen to music when writing.


8. Future projects?

I'm juggling two pen names, so right now I've got two projects going. One is dark erotica, and the other is Awakening, book two in the Legacy of Payne series. I've also got a vague idea about mermaids, inspired last year when I saw the documentary on Animal Planet--Mermaids: The Body Found. It was creepy, and it got my head spinning ideas!

9. A message to the future writers?

I work-shopped Epiphany online, and it was the best thing I ever did. I met a lot of awesome writers, but more importantly, I learned a lot from them. So that's my first piece of advice--find people you trust to give it to you like it is. Grow a thick skin, because you're going to need it.

My second piece of advice comes from something I've heard about more recently. There's been a couple of horror stories from some of these writers who went with unknown small publishers and are now regretting it. It's made me so thankful that I made the decision to self-publish. No matter which way you go, research, research, research. Don't sign a contract with a publisher without fully knowing what you're getting into. Even better, have an intellectual property attorney go over it, if you can. And if you do decide to self-publish, put your best effort out there. Book covers, editing, and formatting are just as important as writing a great story. They do matter.

10. A message for your fans?

I'm in awe at your enthusiasm for Epiphany! I've read so many fantastic reviews, and each one makes my day. Sending a huge thank-you to the readers for giving this unknown author a chance! Also, I'd like to send my thanks to all of the book bloggers who've read and shared Epiphany.



Enjoy!

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu